Amulet of Yendor
(In-game plural: Amulets of Yendor)
- The "Prevents Level Teleporting" enchantment has no effect.
- If you go to The Altar of Literacy with one in your possession, you will have the option to offer it up on the Altar. This gives you 5 turns of Confused, and uses up your amulet.
- On or around Feb 10, 2007, the name of this item was changed from "the Amulet of Yendor" to "Amulet of Yendor".
- This is the only known gift item which can be stolen in pvp.
- In an Avatar of Jarlsberg run, spell damage is capped by MP cost. Items that raise MP cost increase that cap.
- This item is the final quest item from NetHack, and has many of the same properties (increasing spell costs and preventing level teleporting). The description, however, implies that it is nothing more than a cheap plastic imitation (obtained in NetHack whenever attempting to wish for the item, and lacking any special enchantments).
- "Maybe food rations" is a bitter reference to the fact that, in NetHack, possession of the Amulet speeds up food consumption, introducing the risk of an ascension-worthy player succumbing to starvation.
- That this item can be stolen in PVP echoes the likelihood in NetHack that Rodney or another covetous monster will try to steal the amulet every chance they get.
- The image for the item ("), like the items from the Dungeons of Doom, is based on the ASCII characters used in NetHack to represent them.
|TOP 10 Amulet of Yendor collections|
6. Mistress of the Obvious - 1674 | 7. IntellectualWhore - 1053 | 8. Dave of the Hill People - 986 | 9. kirByllAmA - 882 | 10. Yendor - 790
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings