|| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
Is there some pattern for the yellow password, or do you have to bruteforce it?
A Speakeasy is located in the Clan VIP Lounge after a Clan speakeasy has been used.
You step into the phone booth. The phone rings, and you answer it. "Welcome, Sir/Madam," says the voice on the other end, the voice of a posh respectable gentleman. "Please consult the phone book and tell me what you'd like."
You open the book, and sure enough, it's a cocktail menu.
(You can have X more drinks from the speakeasy today.)
| Tell the bartender a drink password:
"Very good, Sir/Madam, very good." says the voice on the other end of the phone. A panel opens and an updated "phone book" is deposited in the booth.
- Giving a correct password:
"I'm quite sorry, but I'm sure I don't know what you mean." says the fancy voice, unable to conceal its fancy disappointment.
- Giving an incorrect password:
Your clan has already unlocked that drink.
- Attempting to unlock a drink already unlocked:
"<Madam>, this is a high-class establishment. I do believe you've had enough. Come back after you've... slept it off, as they say."
- Attempting to purchase a fourth+ drink (through URL manipulation, repeatedly clicking the button, etc.):
You've clearly had enough already.
- Attempting to purchase a drink when already overdrunk:
You don't drink, don't drink.
We don't serve minors here, kid. Get lost.
- Attempting to purchase a drink when in KOLHS:
You can't afford that.
- Attempting to purchase a drink without enough meat on hand:
- Attempting to purchase an invalid drink or a drink that does not exist:
- Giving a correct password unlocks the associated drink for your entire clan. Locked drinks will not appear in the menu until their password has been given.
- Giving an incorrect password disables the password entry box for 15 minutes. There is also clan-wide limit of about 100 guesses/day (needs spading).
- All passwords, except "swordfish", are specific to a particular clan.
- The password "swordfish" unlocks the Lucky Lindy.
- The blue password to unlock the Bee's Knees can be found by doing the following:
- The yellow password to unlock the Sockdollager can be found by equipping a detective skull. The password consists of four words, separated by a blank, which the skull will randomly state in yellow during combat.
- The first word is always an adjective, but the other three seem to be in a completely random order.
- The brown password to unlock the Ish Kabibble can be found by summoning the Friend of Gary, whose name can be learned by equipping Lord Spookyraven's ear trumpet and adventuring in The Cola Wars Battlefield (undisguised).
- The red password to unlock the Hot Socks can be found by Resting:
- The password is 11 characters long, all uppercase, with no repeating characters
- Each person in the clan can rarely find a single letter (shown in red) by resting
- All letters found will be in the password
- A list of all the words that qualify can be found here. A tool that will tell you all possible words based on the letters found and what specific locations of those letters are known here.
- The position of a character's red letter (e.g. 4 or 7) is the same across clans (but not necessarily across ascension).
- The pink clan-specific password to unlock the Phonus Balonus is found occasionally when collecting Hooch at the Around The World adventure in The Time-Twitching Tower.
- The orange password to unlock the Flivver is spoken by Hodgman, The Hoboverlord in orange during combat.
- The purple, clan-specific 55-character password to unlock the Sloppy Jalopy can be found by piecing together many 5-character purple strings from 64735 scrolls.
- By entering a clan with a fully known password, a player's string index (e.g. 1–5 or 13–17) can be found. This index is the same across clans (but not necessarily across ascension). This can reduce the number of codes needed to identify the full 55-character string.
- You cannot consume more than 3 Speakeasy drinks in a single day.
- Drinking a Speakeasy drink through a Schrödinger's thermos will not count against your limit of 3 drinks per day.
- Drinks bought from a Speakeasy didn't show up in your consumption history during the first weeks after implementation. During the radio show on July 17, 2014 the Asymmetric team briefly expressed their surprise about this and it was fixed around the 20th of July 2014.