A Quest, LOL
- If you haven't already, acquire a dictionary. This is only strictly necessary to complete the final step of the quest, but it will come in handy during the quest as well.
- Adventure in The Valley of Rof L'm Fao until you get two 334 scrolls, a 30669 scroll and a 33398 scroll. Note: the dictionary is highly effective in combat against the monsters here, except for the rampaging adding machine.
- Continue to adventure in The Valley of Rof L'm Fao until you encounter a rampaging adding machine. Use your scrolls as combat items on the adding machine, as shown below, and it will spit back out the correct scrolls. Note that there are several ways to permanently lose your scrolls if you don't manage this combat correctly. See the notes on the rampaging adding machine page for details.
|334 scroll||334 scroll||30669 scroll||33398 scroll|
|668 scroll||64067 scroll|
- facsimile dictionary
- drywall axe
- In your Quest Log, under completed quests, you will see: "You have helped the Baron Rof L'm Fao with his monster problem. w00t!"
While here, there's another useful scroll you might want to make. See the 31337 scroll.
|334 scroll||334 scroll|
|668 scroll||30669 scroll|
Getting to the valley required these additional steps:
- Craft yourself a Dingy dinghy (by having dinghy plans and dingy planks) or a Skeletal skiff by multi-using 7 skeletons.
- Adventure in The Obligatory Pirate's Cove until you have an eyepatch (which can also be obtained from Degrassi Knoll and The Hidden Temple), swashbuckling pants, and a stuffed shoulder parrot.
- While wearing the Swashbuckling Getup or the pirate fledges, enter the Cove, go to Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Bookstore and purchase an abridged dictionary for 1000 Meat.
- Take the abridged dictionary to The Untinker's Cottage and have him untinker it into a bridge and a dictionary.
- You will need to help the Untinker if you haven't done so already.
- Take the bridge to The Orc Chasm.
On initial visit:
- Adventurer! We've just received an urgent message from the Baron Rof L'm Fao. His Valley, beyond the Orc Chasm in the Big Mountains, has been invaded! You must help him!
On subsequent visits, before finding bridge:
- The Baron Rof L'm Fao still needs your help, Adventurer! You can find his valley beyond the Orc Chasm, in the Big Mountains.
- If you're having trouble getting past the Chasm, the pirates on the Mysterious Island of Mystery might have something that will help you.
On subsequent visits, after placing bridge:
- Now that you've found your way into the Valley beyond the Orc Chasm, you'll have to find the gates of the Baron's keep. They're cleverly hidden, though. You'll need your wits and your arithmetic skills about you if you're going to find them.
- Almost everything related to this quest is in 1337 (leet or elite) speak and other Internet slang.
- The name Rof L'm Fao is a reference the Internet slang term "ROFLMFAO", which means "Rolling on the floor laughing my fucking (or 'fat') ass off".
- 64735 is leet-speak for gates.
- 31337 spells out "eleet", the chatspeak version of the word elite.
- Try saying "Orc Chasm" out loud.