A Potentially Offensive Reference Has Been Carefully Avoided Here
|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
While wandering through the Black Forest, you stumble upon the Loathing Tar Pits, which was the site of a pretty keen tourist attraction, until it sank into the pits themselves. You spot several large plaster statues of various prehistoric animals, including a sabre-toothed tiger and a wooly mammoth, now half-buried in the bubbling, stinking tar, along with someone's abandoned meatcar (which you note to be a hard-top, and like the mammoth, it has a big trunk).
Unfortunately, the use of the phrase "stumble upon" in the previous paragraph was meant literally, as you didn't notice any of this until you were already half-submerged. You manage to laboriously haul yourself back onto solid land, but not before you've become completely covered with a thick layer of warm, sticky black tar. The stench is, as you would probably expect, ungodly.
|You acquire an effect: Tar-Struck|
(duration: 10 Adventures)
- Only occurred after finding The Black Market.
- No longer available after the Black Market revamp.
- The reference avoided would likely be the "Tar Baby" from the tales of Br'er Rabbit (though the less offensive phrase "black as tar" might also be a possibility).
- This is most likely a reference to the La Brea Tar Pits -- a tourist attraction featuring models of prehistoric animals found in the tar pits.
- The meatcar (especially the notes about it being a hard-top and having a big trunk) stuck in the tar pit is a reference to the movie and the comic Sin City.